Creative people often concern about how to build a kid’s outdoor playhouse within a short duration or budget-friendly. Since the quarantine has started, it has been impossible for kids to play in a park with other kids. As they are kids, it is hard for them to stay in one place for a minute let alone 2 years. And not only for their fun, but it is also affecting them physically. They might become lazy or get tired very easily due to lack of physical activities and it is not at all good for their future. And not only them but also their parents are suffering. In this hard time, they have to work from home and they might feel disturbed by their kids who cannot find enjoyment in doing any activity at home. This is where a kid’s outdoor playhouse becomes a necessity.
What is a kid’s outdoor playhouse?
If you have never heard about it, a kid’s outdoor playhouse is essentially a miniature house made of wood and can range from different prices and qualities of wood depending on your budget. It is a simple and long-term solution for parents working from home. Outdoor playhouses are mostly set up in backyards where your kids can play and enjoy and let you do all the work you can. The only downside to it is that your kid WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE IT!!! Even you will like it if you are young enough from the inside. You can customize it however you want and your kid can play to his/her heart’s content.
Types of a Kid’s Outdoor Playhouse
The outdoor playhouses are adaptable so that unlimited kinds of playhouses exist. External playhouses in a variety of sizes and styles can be structured. They can range from the easy-to-use temporary plastic façade to a small house of a full size where young people can take refuge and have space away from their family members.
The playhouse can also be part of a bigger set that includes swings, slides, and climbing opportunities. Some types include the Plastic Playhouse, Playground Structure, etc.
How to Build a Kid’s Outdoor Playhouse
Anyone who is an adult can easily build an outdoor playhouse. It might take a little time but the results are worth the wait. To build an outdoor playhouse, you will need to gather your materials which will include,
- 2×8 boards, 2×4 boards, ¾” plywood, 3” galvanized screws, 1”x6” decking planks, wood siding, quarter-round molding, shingles, and roofing nails.
- An assortment of tools including a circular saw, a jigsaw, a reciprocating saw, a drill, a level, a framing square, a hammer, a straight edge, a utility knife, and a tape measure.
- An option is to include plexiglass to create real windows rather than open-air spaces in your playhouse.
The above-mentioned tools and boards are for a general outdoor playhouse. You can add your twist to it by adding more stuff. But make sure to keep your kids away when you are working to avoid any type of accidents.
If you are having trouble building an outdoor playhouse, you can watch this easy tutorial on how to build an outdoor playhouse below:
Benefits of a Kid’s Outdoor Playhouse
Apart from the ones mentioned in the beginning, there are a lot of benefits of having an outdoor playhouse.
- Your kids’ health and strength will be stronger. For your child’s health and growth, physical activity is important and playhouses can play an important role in moving them around. The muscles in their back, hands, and legs get stronger and help keep their bones healthy with all of their running, sliding, ramping, and climbing.
- At night, they’re going to sleep more. The longer your kids spend outside, the more tired they are at the end of the day, the easier it is for them to get asleep and sleep at night.
- You will learn precious skills in life. Whether it’s motor skills, social skills, time management abilities, or responsibility for oneself and others, having a playhouse encourages your kids to develop valuable skills to be good people in our world.
- The world around them can be discovered without leaving home security.
Television and books can open the eyes of your kids to new worlds, but play halls allow them to explore with their senses the world around them – the eye, the smell, the touch, and hearing. They also provide a space to expand the imagination of your child and test new stuff.
And the most important part? You can explore everything with them again because it is in your yard.
A kid’s outdoor playhouse has lots of fun moments, entertainment factors, and overall hygiene effects. COVID19 pandemic struck hard last year and yet ongoing with its chaotic aggression. Due to successive quarantine and lockdown issues, kids often suffer boredom as well as their parents. In the article, we’ve discussed the basic ideas, benefits, craftsmanship, and further advancements- in a nutshell. If you have enjoyed reading this post, please share it with your close ones and help them too. Furthermore, you can share your ideas or further questions in our comment box. Take care, stay safe, and have an amazing day!